St Luke’s Church

The sandstone church of St. Luke was founded in 1180 and was originally dedicated to the Anglo-Saxon saint, Wilfred. The Grade 11* listed building has seen many changes and additions over the centuries. The original chapel of 1180 forms the central section of the...

St Marie’s Church

The Grade II listed building, designed by the eminent architect E.W. Pugin, was built in the early 1860s. Largely unaltered from its original design, it includes many original features including the magnificent altar screen (or rederos) which has been painstaking...